Sunday, July 17, 2005

It's all over

16th July 2005 marked the official end of my professional attachment at NTUC childcare headoffice. 10 weeks has passed by..I was supposed to be looking very forward to it but alas ..humans beings are made up of flesh and blood. I still felt a bit sad to leave my colleagues in finance department, the receptionist, the cleaner, my desk and may be even the invoices. My big boss and colleagues held a farewell lunch for me at Crystal Jade. The dim sum was so delicious, especially the nice hot egg tarts! yummy! It was a pity that there wasn't much conversation at the table.. did I mention that the organisation is very hierachical and lacks interaction between the management and staff? Yesh.. it is and that's why we hardly find any topics to talk about. There were some polite exchange of words.. and most of the time everyone just tried to smile and then concentrate on their food. I can feel some tension between my Big boss, Samantha and Charlie. Apparently they have some conflicts and Samantha refused to sit next to him at the table.


I talked to each of my colleague individually after lunch.. and most of them showed signs of regrets for taking up accountancy as a degree. They envy me for being a banking student.. able to explore a larger job scope in the future. It seems that they have grown tired of accounting... it is boring, so routinal and so tedious. I am really glad I am not in accountancy faculty..


I will miss these few nice colleagues of mine..


To Dorothy:
Thank you so much for your guidance and patience!! You have really taken good care of me.. I have seen you as my mentor for this PA experience.


To Rebecca:
Thank you so much for being such a helpful colleague! I can always count on you...
You are so kind and thoughtful!! guys out there are missing a gem..


To Seen Yik:
Thank you!!! eat more and be prepared to embrace a whole new chapter of life with a baby coming along soon.. take good care of yourself!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home