Monday, November 28, 2005

Went swimming with my family yesterday at EuroAsia Park. Haven't been swimming for nearly a year.. hahaa and yesterday was a nice day to swim. After swimming, we went chomp chomp for dinner. It was sorta of a pre- birthday celebration for Edmund. We ordered at least 8 kinds of dishes.. I like the barbecued stingray best of all. In fact, we ordered twice. Later, we stopped at Ang Mo Kio Courts to buy a washing machine. While waiting for my parents, I sat at the benches staring at the plasma tv, watching the images on the screen change. Andrew was busy calling his wife and Edmund had brought his novel along to read. Then I noticed that there were so many salesperson around. Everywhere I went, I saw them. I even saw a few clustered together chit-chatting. I had wanted to find a quiet isolated place where there was no salesperson around so that I can sit there in peace but I couldn't find any. Thus, I just sat anywhere, grabbed a catalogue and pretended to read in interest. I was actually more interested in the clothes the lady in the catalogue was wearing rather than the furniture advertised. After some time, my parents finally made their decision to buy a washing machine. My mum led me to the one they have bought and started telling me how the new machine can save electricity and the ease of operating it. Half the time, I was thinking.. "hmm.. yeah yeah sounds good but I dun have to learn to operate it. My maid has to learn it what.. hahaa.. so why tell me this??" I din say this out loud of course.. =P

Sometimes I feel that I tried to act nonchalant in front of my family. I kept things to myself, I feared letting them know my feelings and dreaded it when people can read me like an open book. I will say some insensitive things to them and I know sometimes my parents feel hurt by them although they never show it. My brothers aren't that way.. they never said things that are offensive to my parents on purpose. I dunno why I acted in such a lousy manner but I can't help it. I always said something's opposite to what i truly thought.. the words just came out before I even realised it. Call me tactless and no brainer... I disliked it when they said positive things about me to make me feel better when I myself know that it's far from the truth. I will show my sarcasm and think that it's all bullshi** I know that they love and dote on me but sometimes I just seem to snub them with unkind remarks. I am a very stubborn and ungrateful creature.. perhaps I am one who dun show my affections openly. I know that I am very lucky to have gotten such a great family who is proud of me of who I am but I took it all for granted. I dunno why I have to be so defensive to my family's concern but I am trying to mend my ways.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home